The city of Edmonton recently introduced an incentive for homeowners to put a solar energy system on their roof through the Change Homes for Climate Solar Program (CHCSP).
The city will chip in $0.15/watt (up to $6,500) towards the cost of a solar power system in addition to the provincial solar grant already in place.
Together with the $0.75/watt that Energy Efficiency Alberta adds for the province wide rebate, you will roughly get a third of the cost of installing solar panels covered.
Why should Edmontonians go solar?
- Edmonton is one of the sunniest cities in Canada. Clocking 2,300 hours of sun in an average year.
- You are protecting yourself from the frequent increases in energy prices
- Solar panels can supply up to (and sometimes over) 100% of your electricity usage.
- The current available rebates make solar energy more accessible to home owners than ever before.
- You help increase employment in the renewable energy sector.
- You are reducing the carbon footprint of your home and your community.
How to get the rebates
- Get in touch with us. We will go over the technical and economic benefits of adding solar panels to your home.
- We will break down the cost of adding solar to your home with a free quote!
- We will take care of all approvals, permits, and claiming your rebates.
- Then we install your new solar system, and the energy savings begin!
Questions, comments or concerns? We would love to hear your thoughts on this.
Hit the buttons below to contact us/get a free solar quote or to read more articles.